Majesty of the Seas Overview
Operated by Royal Caribbean, the Majesty of the Seas cruise ship offers short and sweet holidays to the Bahamas all year round from her home port of Miami. Perfect for sun seekers, families, social groups and mini-breakers, it's easy to see why Majesty is a firm favourite in the American cruise market.
Specs: Majesty of the Seas at a glance
Launched in 1992, the Majesty of the Seas is a mid-sized vessel. She weighs 74,077 tonnes, measures 880 feet in length and spans 14 decks. She has accommodation for 2,350 passengers and 912 crew members.
Accommodation: Majesty of the Seas rooms and suites
The Majesty of the Seas caters for all budgets, with everything from modest interior rooms to generous suites - there's plenty of choice. All rooms are equipped with a flatscreen television, hair dryer, safe and toiletries, while suites come with separate living areas, as well as soft bathrobes and a tea and coffee service. Guests staying in larger suites also enjoy additional perks such as priority check-in, a whirlpool bath and VIP seating throughout the ship (for example, by the pool or at the theatre).
Entertainment: things to do on board the Majesty of the Seas
With just a few nights at sea, you'll want to make the most of all the wonderful entertainment facilities available. Be sure to check the daily Cruise Compass newsletter every morning for the day's events. In the meantime, here are some highlights:
- Daytime fun: library, pools, spa and duty-free shops
- Fitness and adventure: rock-climbing wall, fully-equipped gym and jogging track
- Evening entertainment: production shows at the Chorus Line Theater and live music throughout the ship's many bars and lounges
- Family: designated youth areas and activities to keep your little ones happy
Food: Majesty of the Seas restaurants
Dining onboard the Majesty of the Seas is a delight. With several venues to choose from, you'll never have to look far for a delicious meal.
Dining included in your Majesty of the Seas fare:
- Moonlight Dining Room
- Starlight Dining Room
- Windjammer Buffet
- Compass Deli
- Sorrento's Italian Pizza
Specialty dining (not included in your ticket):
- Johnny Rockets: 50s-style burger bar
- Latte-tudes: specialty coffees and sweet treats
- 24 hour room service
Destinations: Majesty of the Seas itineraries
The Majesty of the Seas sails to Bahamas all year round, with only 3 and 4 night sailings available. These trips may be short, but they pack a lot in - you'll spend most of your days exploring beautiful sandy beaches and exotic ports. There's shore excursions to suit everyone, whether you're in the mood for swimming and snorkelling or would prefer to shop, wine and dine on land.
Things to remember: Onboard the Majesty of the Seas
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you plan your holiday onboard the Majesty of the Seas:
- Cabins are slightly smaller than industry average due to the short nature of the cruise.
- Most days are spent at port, so expect less daytime onboard activities and more nighttime entertainment.
- The atmosphere is low-key and relaxed, and the dress code casual.
- Daily gratuities are automatically added to your account and the currency onboard is US dollars.