Liberty of the Seas Overview
Launched in 2007, the Liberty of the Seas is a Freedom Class cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet. Currently the 7th largest cruise ship in the world, this beautiful vessel is home to an excellent range of fun entertainment, superb dining venues, comfortable accommodation and much more.
Specs: Liberty of the Seas at a glance
At a weight of 154,407 tonnes and measuring 1,111 feet in length, it's no wonder the Liberty of the Seas ranks in the top 10 largest vessels. She has capacity for 3,634 passengers and 1,360 crew members. Her cruise speed is 21.6 knots.
Accommodation: Liberty of the Seas rooms and suites
There are 1,817 cabins on board the Liberty of the Seas. All staterooms are well-equipped with modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, such as a flatscreen television, mini-fridge and wifi access.
For those looking for more space and luxury, there are several suite options. In addition to enjoying larger bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as separate living areas, suite guests also have exclusive access to the Concierge Club Lounge.
Entertainment: things to do on board the Liberty of the Seas
With so many people onboard, it won't come as a surprise that the entertainment offerings are nothing short of brilliant - there are plenty of spaces to socialise and enjoy your time at sea. Below are a few highlights:
- Take your pick from over 100 indulgent treatments at the Spa
- Make a splash in one of 10 pools or whirlpools
- Meet your favourite movie characters as part of the Dreamworks Experience
- Get your adrenalin pumping at the surf simulator or rock climbing wall
- Watch talented ice skaters put on a show at Studio B
- Enjoy spectacular live performances at the Platinum Theater
Food: Liberty of the Seas restaurants
From outstanding international cuisine to cheerful snacks by the pool, dining on board the Liberty of the Seas is always a pleasure.
Dining included in your Liberty of the Seas fare:
- Three main dining rooms: Michelangelo, Botticelli and Rembrandt
- Windjammer Buffet
- Jade Sushi
- Sorrento's Pizza
- 24 hour room service (late night orders may incur a fee)
Specialty dining (not included in your ticket):
- Portofino: Italian restaurant
- Chops Grille: steakhouse
- Johnny Rockets: 1950s style burger bar
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
- The Cupcake Cupboard
Destinations: Liberty of the Seas itineraries
The Liberty of the Seas spends the majority of her time sailing the Western Caribbean from Texas, with occasional trips to Bermuda or Canada, depending on the time of year. She offers excellent shore excursions, with a good variety of tours at each port. You can expect fun activities such as jet boating in Cozumel, ziplining in Jamaica or a helicopter flight over Grand Cayman.
Things to remember: Onboard the Liberty of the Seas
Planning a holiday with Liberty of the Seas? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The dress code is casual by day, smart casual by night, but be sure to pack a few special outfits - there are at least two formal nights per cruise.
- Daily gratuities are expected and can be pre-paid or charged to your onboard account.
- A family friendly ship, there is plenty of fun to be had for kids. Please note your children must be at least 6 months old to sail (or 12 months for transatlantic voyages).