Adventure of the Seas Overview
The Adventure of the Seas is a Voyager Class cruise ship in the Royal Caribbean fleet. In true Royal Caribbean style, this vessel is big, bold and beautiful, home to a wide variety of delightful public spaces for relaxing, dining and being entertained.
Specs: Adventure of the Seas at a glance
Launched in 2001, the Adventure of the Seas weighs 137,308 tonnes and measures 1,020 feet in length. She can accommodate 3,114 passengers and 1,185 crew members. Her cruise speed is 22.5 knots.
Accommodation: Adventure of the Seas rooms and suites
There are 1,557 staterooms on board the Adventure of the Seas, over half of which boast a view of the ocean - either from a picture window or a balcony. Inside rooms are also available, an affordable option for the budget-conscious traveller. All staterooms come with a television and a mini-bar.
At the other end of the spectrum are the suites. Spacious and luxurious, suites vary widely in size, but all come with a bathtub and a separate living area. As you move up accommodation categories, more perks are included, such as access to the Concierge Club.
Entertainment: things to do on board the Adventure of the Seas
There is plenty to keep you occupied on sea days and during the evenings on the Adventure of the Seas. Here are some of the entertainment highlights:
- Relax and unwind with a professional beauty treatment at the Vitality Spa
- Take a dip in one of 10 pools or whirlpools, including one in the adults-only Solarium area
- Keep your fitness levels up with a game of basketball, mini-golf or some ice skating
- See the ship from a different perspective when you climb the rock climbing wall
- Enjoy Broadway-style production shows in the Main Theater
- Try your luck at the fabulous 9,623 square foot Casino Royale
Food: Adventure of the Seas restaurants
We hope you're hungry - there's many delicious places to grab a bite to eat on board the Adventure of the Seas, from casual cafes to upmarket speciality restaurants.
Dining included in your Adventure of the Seas fare:
- Three main dining rooms
- Windjammer Buffet
- Jade Sushi
- Cafe Promenade: sandwiches, cakes and pastries
- Giovanni's Table: family-friendly Italian
- 24 hour room service (please note late-night orders will incur a small fee)
Specialty dining (not included in your ticket):
- Johnny Rockets: burger bar
- Portofino: Italian restaurant
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Bar
Destinations: Adventure of the Seas itineraries
The Adventure of the Seas offers 7 night cruises to the Southern Caribbean from her home port of Puerto Rico. You will call into ports such as St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands, Basse-Terre and Bridgetown in the West Indies, Roseau in Dominica and St. Martin in the Netherlands Antilles. There are plenty of shore excursions on offer at each port, from active pursuits such as sailing, snorkelling and swimming with dolphins, to low-key activities such as food tours and perfume making courses.
Things to remember: Onboard the Adventure of the Seas
Here are a few things you might want to keep in mind as you plan your holiday on the Adventure of the Seas:
- The atmosphere onboard is relaxed and fun, with a casual dress code by day and a slightly smarter dress code by night. There are usually two formal evenings per cruise, so be sure to pack a few special outfits.
- Families are more than welcome, with plenty of organised activities to keep your little ones happy. Please note babies must be at least six months of age to sail (12 months for transatlantic cruises).
- Daily gratuities are charged automatically to your onboard account - or you may opt to prepay.