Coral Princess Overview
Launched in 2003, the Coral Princess is one of only two Panamax cruise ships in the Princess fleet meaning she is small enough to traverse the Panama Canal. The other is her sister ship, the Island Princess. Both vessels combine comfort with just the right amount of luxury, creating a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere on board, with attentive service, excellent dining and activities to keep you entertained from dawn til dusk.
Specs: the Coral Princess at a glance
The Coral Princess weighs 91,627 tonnes, measures 964 feet in length and spans 16 decks. She can accommodate 1,970 passengers and 900 crew. Her cruise speed is 22 knots.
Accommodation: Coral Princess rooms and suites
Guests can choose from six accommodation categories: Insides, Outsides, Balcony Cabins, Minisuites, Minisuites with Balconies and Balcony Suites. Measuring from 156 square feet to 470 square feet, all rooms are well-equipped with basic amenities including a flatscreen television, minifridge and safe. Suite guests enjoy additional perks such as complimentary laundry services and daily high tea and canapes each afternoon.
Entertainment: things to do on board the Coral Princess
From pool games by day to production shows in the Princess Theater by night, there's a range of activities to keep you entertained at sea.
- Scholarship@Sea enrichment programme
- Lotus Spa gym and fitness area
- 7 pools and whirlpools
- 9-hole golf putting course
- Duty-free designer shops
- Live performances in the many bars and lounges
Food: Coral Princess restaurants
Whether you're in the mood for comfort food or fine dining, you'll find an abundance of choice on board the Coral Princess.
Dining included in your Coral Princess ticket:
- Provence Dining Room: traditional, fixed-seating dining
- Bordeaux Dining Room: flexible, anytime dining
- Horizon Court Buffet
- Sundaes Ice Cream Bar
- Princess Pizza
- The Grill: burgers and hot dogs
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service
Specialty dining (not included in your fare):
- Sabatini's Italian Restaurant
- Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse: New Orleans style dining
Destinations: Coral Princess itineraries
The Coral Princess spends most of her time sailing through the Panama Canal from ports in Canada and America. A variety of shore excursions are available, with activities to suit all interests and activity levels. Some examples include a bus and bike tour in San Francisco, a canopy zip adventure in Costa Rica or paddleboarding in Fort Lauderdale.
Things to remember: On board Coral Princess
Here are some helpful facts to keep in mind when planning a holiday on board the Coral Princess:
- The dress code is smart casual for the most part, although be sure to pack some of your best outfits as there are usually at least two formal nights per sailing.
- Gratuities are automatically charged to your account each day and the onboard currency is the US dollar.
- The Coral Princess is a family-friendly ship, with a wide variety of activities for children of all ages, including a supervised youth centre.